This beautiful floral garland with fresh botanicals can add the perfect touch to your home or as a colourful, elegant decoration at a festive event. Follow the step-by-step instructions and make your own special garland!
What you need
List of botanicals
- Anthurium ‘Pandola’, anthurium
- Cymbidium floribundum, orchid
- Rosa ‘Ocean Mikado’, rose
- Eustoma russellianum ‘Peach Revelation’
- Double-flowered Eustoma
- Melaleuca huegelii, chenille honey-myrtle
- Amaranthus cruentus ‘Oeschberg’, red amaranth
- Schinus terebinthifolius, rose pepper
- Salix, willow tree branches
- Cinnamomum, cinnamon sticks
List of non-botanical materials
- Hot glue gun & sticks
- 2 * 1.5 mm wire
- Paper wire
- Plastic tubes
- 0.25 mm copper wire
- OASIS™ cold glue
How to make it
- Place 2 bowls upside down on the piece of cardboard.
- Draw a circle -27 cm and 8 cm circle.
- Cut out the ring.
- Cut small pieces of cardboard randomly and glue them to the circular cardboard in order to create volume.
- Wrap the circular cardboard with raﬃa.
- Hot glue the raﬃa to the cardboard.
- Wrap 2- 1.5mm wires with paper wire. Bend it into a half circle and hot glue to cardboard creating a handle.
- Cold glue Melaleuca huegelii to the circle.
- Cut 5 cm lengths of red and brown willow sticks and small branches of the dry Pink peppercorns.
- Using the 0.25 mm copper wire, create a garland.
- Lace the garland through the center of the cardboard and secure.
- Attach water tubes to the garland.
- Insert your flowers.
This amazing floral project was created by Orit Hertz, a designer of EMC (European Master Certification). In the spring edition of Fleur Créatif, the designers of EMC reveal the theme and trends of spring 2020.