Bart Hassam from Australia is the new World Champion Floral Art. Russia’s Natalia Zhizhko finished second. Tamás Mezoffy from Hungary third.
After three days of high-level competition, the World Cup Floral Art in Philadelphia went to a climax. 5 of the 23 competitors reached the Grand Final, where they had to make another floral masterpiece.
Bart Hassam seeks to create beauty through plant material with elegance and appropriateness, but above all, with a respect for the flower. His work is also inspired by Asian floral design.
>> In the following Fleur Créatif Magazine, you will find a big report about the FTD World Cup 2019 with lots of photos from Bart Hassam & the other candidates! Subscribe now and get a free ticket for Fleuramour, Passion for Flowers + 5% off in the Fleur Bookshop!
For more photos & videos:
Who is Bart Hassam?
- Nationality: Australia
- World Champion Floral Art 2019
- 1x Intercontinental/Asia Cup Winner – Taipei, Taiwan 2011
- 5x Australian Interflora Florist of the Year (2015, 2013, 2009, 2005, 2002)
- 5x Queensland Interflora Florist of the Year (2015, 2013, 2009, 2005, 2002)
- 2x Queensland Interflora Junior Florist of the Year (1995, 1994)
- 3x Melbourne International Flower & Garden Show – Design Competition Champion (2002, 2000, 1999)
- 1x Intercontinental/Asia Cup – Winner – Taipei, Taiwan 2011
- International Floral Designer, Demonstrator, Teacher, Lecturer in Japan, Taiwan, China, Hong Kong, Mexico, Italy, Spain, Germany, Russia, New Zealand and Australia.
- Co-owner of Maison Fleur Floral Design, Brisbane 2018
REST OF TOP 5
WATCH THE FINAL MOMENT
>> View the Final Classificiation here
FULL RANKING TABLE
|5.||Czech Republic||Premysl Hytych|
|6.||South Corea||Myeon Oh|
|12.||Chinese Taipei||Kelvin Lee|
|15.||Norway||Elin Susan Havreberg|
|17.||Sweden||Sofie Danielsson Söhr|
|22.||Hong Kong||Solomon Leong|
FINAL CLASSIFICATION WITH JURY POINTS