Wax is a material that is frequently used in flower arranging. But what exactly can you do with it? Our Fleur Créatif floral artist Sören Van Laer experiments with wax in combination with vegetative materials and winter flowers.
What you need
- Helleborus orientalis
- Rosa, rose twigs
- dried twigs
- fluffy seedheads from various flowers
- Nuts and bolts
- Cable ties
- Candle wax, cooker and pot
- Flat shells
- Drill with small bit
- OASIS® floral foam
- OASIS®quick dip
- Water tubes
- Snow (powder)
How you make it
- Attach the flat shells to each other with small white cable ties.
- Continue until you get the desired shape.
- Make some holes and use nuts and bolts to give supporting legs.
- Heat some white candle wax and pour it over the whole structure so that it becomes waterproof.
- Place the floral foam in the centre and arrange the dried twigs.
- Push water tubes into the floral foam.
- Dip the stem ends of the hellebores in Quick Dip and insert in the tubes.
- Finish off with snow and fluffy seedheads to create a magical landscape.
Do you want more floral arrangements?
In Fleur Créatif Winter 2018 you will find much more beautiful creations! Get an extra 10% discount during Black Friday Weekend, the highlight of the bargain hunters! Don’t wait, the clock is ticking!
Choose here for a 1 year or 2 year subscription or renew your subscription now (*). You will receive 4 voluminous editions per year of Fleur Créatif + 2 special editions of Fleur@Home.