Symbols play an important role in our lives. The luminous star is a symbol of eternity, of light in the darkness and therefore of hope. Create your own star in the example of Jan de Ridder.
WHAT YOU NEED
- Ranunculus, buttercup
- Salix, willow branches
- Thin pliable styrofoam
- Battery-powered LED lights
- Water vials
HOW TO MAKE IT
- Cut an open star shape out of styrofoam. Wrap the star with LED lights.
- Make little bundles of willow branches by winding a few branches with metal wire so that you can bend your ‘new branch’ in any desired shape.
- Insert a couple of branches into a weighted bottle, attach the star to it and bend the twigs so that you get an undulating motion.
- Finish with some buttercups that can be inserted in the water vials attached to the back of the star.
>> scroll further
- A Frozen Star by Moniek Vanden Berghe
- Warm Orange Pink and Gold by Stefan Van Berlo
- Exotic Heavenly by Sören Van Laer
- Dates and Orchids by Moniek Vanden Berghe