Ready For A Fresh Start
Let’s start the new year with a fresh feel. With spring flowers, radiant white with a hint of yellow.
‘Fresh start’ bouquets
January is the month of resolutions: we’re going to get more exercise, we want to get outdoors more often, we’re going to let the energy flow! Give your interior a boost as well with a ‘fresh start’ bouquet. There’s no better way to go into the new year. Good flowers for ‘fresh start’ bouquets are: Amaryllis, hyacinth, ranunculus, skimmia and Narcissus ‘Paperwhite’. Flowering branches such as witch hazel, Viburnum and Forsythia also emphasize the power and energy of this time of the year.
The shorter flowers are positioned at the bottom in this ‘fresh start’ creation. The tall flowers and blossom branches are placed in the vase. This simultaneously gives an appealing contrast and creates a sense of calm. But how do you make sure that the vase stays upright?
- Fill the bowl with a little bit of oasis and water. Use the oasis to create a flat base on which the vase can be placed.
- Position the vase (with water) against the side of the bowl.
- Fill the bowl with short flowers so that they keep one another in place.
- Finally arrange the tall flowers in the vase
Short: Skimmia, Ranunculus, Hyacinth, Amaryllis, Kalanchoë (flower)
Long: Hamamelis, Viburnum, Forsythia, Narcissus ‘Paperwhite’
- Reinforce the ‘fresh start’ feeling with a glass vase – which must obviously be sparkling clean.
- Get rid of all the Christmas accessories on the first day of the new year. We do mean all of them!
- Have a good clean and open the door to get some fresh air in. You could almost be enjoying spring!