The Malus family comes in all kinds of colours and sizes. The ornamental apples are a perfect ingredient for floral design. You can use them either separately or on a twig. Our FLEUR florist Geert Pattyn created this ‘Graceful Malus Twigs’ for the new Fleur Creatif issue. Try this autumn DIY now!
What do you need?
- Magnolia grandiflora, Southern Magnolia leaf
- Malus ‘Red Sentinel’, crab apple
- Rosa, rose
- Dahlia, mix
- Round glass tray
- OASIS® NAYLORBASE® Cushion
- Floral foam wreath
This is how you make it!
1. Wrap the wreath with neutral coloured ribbon.
2. Fold the Magnolia leaves twice and secure them to the wreath with staples.
3. Place the tray with floral foam in the wreath and arrange the flowers.
4. Place Malus twigs over the composition and finish with crab apples.
Curious to see more autumn DIY’s?
Don’t wait! Order you autumn edition of Fleur Creatif Magazine right now. You’ll work with autumn Chrysanthemums in warm colours, red apples in combination with orange-red flowers, combine grey hues and reddish-brown shades … Everything you need for a cheerful autumn bursting with warm colours!
With the handy step-by-step instructions, you will learn how to make these beautiful flower arrangements yourself.