PANTONE 19-4052 Classic Blue is the colour of 2020. It is a timeless and enduring blue hue, elegant in its simplicity. Time to get started with beautiful blue flowers!
Blue is a somewhat unnatural colour. Yet spring brings forth blue coloured flowers such as iris, hyacinth, muscari, forget-me-nots, anemones and violets. They push us to think “out of the box” and allow us to create something whimsical in spring.
What you need
List of botanicals
- Musa, dried banana leaf
- Cortina, curls
- Hyacinthus, hyacinth
- Oxypetalum coeruleum, South-American periwinkle
- Anemone coronaria
- Sansevieria, mother-in-law’s tongue
- Muscari, blue grape hyacinth
- Allium neapolitanum, clusters
- Myosotis, forget-me-not
- Viola, violet
- Wooden discs
List of non-botanical materials
- Empty blue plastic bottles
- Cylindrical glass vases
How to make it
- Find cylinder vases and wooden discs of the same diameter.
- Cut the plastic bottles and insert the bottom half into the glass cylinders.
- Cut the rest of the bottles in a spiralling way to just below the neck.
- Keep the cap on the bottle neck so that you get a receptacle for the violets.
- Now bundle the flowers parallel to each other and put them in the vases.
- Slide a Sansevieria leaf between them.
- Next, the banana leaves and the Cortina curls are secured around the vase.
- Finally insert the violets into the bottle necks.
This ‘Everything Blue’ design was created by Moniek Vanden Berghe.